New this year!These three leadership-focused workshops will provide a deep dive into their topics and valuable resources for you to take back to your team and community. CEUs are available for all three sessions!
Caring for others is at the core of what senior living professionals do. But with increased regulations, changing insurance dynamics and workforce shortages, how do professionals Power UP, stay energized and care at the highest level? In this session, Kathy Parry walks participants through a circuit of power. First participants will acknowledge and examine how organizational and personal energy have been drained over the last couple of years. After understanding how teams can burn out, Kathy gives clear tactics to re-energize. Identifying outdated systems and processes is part of the circuit that participants will inspect. Participants then examine the batteries that power organizations and how those sources increase retention, quality resident care and personal productivity. Developing the right power source for your team is critical to Power UP. And with some re-wiring, Kathy will have you ready to flip on the switch for your own Power UP initiatives.
SENIOR LIVING POWER: ENERGIZE AND SERVE WITH JOY WITH KATHY PARRY
TUESDAY, MAY 16 | 3:00 – 5:15 PM
Attendees have the opportunity to receive a free book from author and facilitator, Kathy Parry, who is back by popular demand after her inspiring keynote at the 2022 conference! 50 books are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Today’s workday is dramatically different from the last twenty years and radically different from the last 40-50 years.
BUILDING AN INSPIRED CULTURE THAT ATTRACTS & RETAINS TALENT THROUGH COACHING WITH DEBRA VINIAR
WEDNESDAY, MAY 17 | 8:00 – 10:15 AM
Did you know:
- Almost 62% of managers say that their personal relationships suffer as a direct result of information overload
- 68% of employees surveyed felt that the hours required to complete their work outnumbered the hours in their workday (Cornerstone)
- A study by Health Advocate found that 1MM workers miss work each day due to stress. The absenteeism costs employers $600 per worker each year: $6MM a day
EFFECTIVE CONFLICT MANAGEMENT SERIES: DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE AND SITUATIONS WITH RITA COLEMAN-GRAHAM
Attendees will be empowered to apply skills that improve their encounters with difficult people and increase their confidence in difficult situations.
THURSDAY, MAY 18 | 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
This workshop will cover:
- When to Step Away to Seek Help
- Self-awareness of Responding to Conflict
- Conflict Management Styles
- Brain Science Role in Conflict
- Understanding the Anger
- Role of Perspectives in Conflict & Whose Problem Is It?
- Active Listening with Breakout Sessions
- Reflective Listening
- De-escalation Techniques with Breakout Session
- Introduction to Assertive Messages