LeadingAge California is excited to announce the call for application for its second Innovation Showcase Challenge Award. The showcase encourages organizations with best practices in service delivery or technology that improve the well-being of older adults and/or staff to compete to win cash prizes and raise the visibility of a provider organization or business.
The top 10 Innovation Challenge Award finalists will be invited to showcase their innovation at the 2021 Virtual Annual Conference. Of the 10 finalists, conference attendees will vote and award a “People’s Choice” Award to one Innovator and the judges will vote and award a $10,000 cash prize to the 1st Place Winner.
- Highlight innovative products and/or best practices in service delivery that are transformative and promising to improve the quality of life for seniors
- Promote a culture of innovation in aging services technologies and best practices to improve practices and increase quality of care
- Raise the visibility of innovators in the field of housing, care, and services for older adults
What kind of entries are we looking for?
In 2021, we will accept two types of entries:
- Resident/Staff Engagement – Programs and/or Technology
- Use of Artificial Intelligence for Enhanced Safety & Security in Congregate Living or Home and Community Based Services
LeadingAge California is seeking problem-based entries from technology companies, consultants, provider organizations or others who can demonstrate true innovation in resident and/or staff engagement, and the use of artificial intelligence (i.e., robotics) to improve care, housing and services for older adults. We encourage ideas that include evidenced-informed programs and/or technologies for resident/staff engagement, life enrichment approaches to resident/staff engagement, and enhanced safety & security through the use of AI to help promote senior living of the future.
What are the key dates and timeline for the award?
January 13, 2021 - Applications Open
March 1, 2021 – Application Deadline
10 Finalists will be notified by March 22, 2021. Finalists must be able to produce a 1 minute video of the innovation for final review by April 9.
May 3, 2021 – Showcase top 10 finalists – voting opens for People’s Choice Award
May 5, 2021 – announce People’s Choice Award and Winner of IS $10k
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact Soua Vang at email@example.com with any questions.
This year’s Innovation Showcase is sponsored by CDW. CDW is a leading multi-brand technology solutions provider. Its broad array of offerings range from hardware and software to integrated IT solutions such as security, cloud, data center and networking. It is a catalyst for information technology and innovation.