Attendee Tools & Tips
Tools & Tips for AttendeesBefore attending LeadingAge CA’s Virtual Annual Conference & Exposition, be sure to read through these tools & tips to make the most out of your experience.
Equipment and Materials
Test Your Equipment in Advance• Please test and check your system at least one day before the event. You can run a systems check by clicking here! This includes your network connection, device battery life, and speakers.
• We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
• We recommend you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari to access the webinar. Other browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer and Edge) are not compatible with the webinar system.
• In order to conduct 1:1 appointments via webcam and participate in any type of interactive session or social event, you must have a working webcam and mic on your laptop/computer. There are no dial in #’s. Please test these before the event to ensure you can participate fully.
• Check with your company’s IT Department to ensure you don’t have any pop-up blockers or spyware installed that would limit your access to event platforms.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
• Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
• Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
• Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
• The webinar technology runs on higher bandwidth. Please know that some WiFi connections may be spotty.
• Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh the page.
• If you have any problems within the virtual platform, there will be a Help Desk available during the conference.
Stay Engage through the CHAT Feature• Questions for the presenters can be submitted through the Q&A function or within the chat. CHAT can also be a great way to engage and connect with other attendees.
• You can also chat with other attendees, exhibitors and staff through this Unified Communications Chat Feature.
Make the Most of Your Virtual Annual Conference & Exposition Experience• Check out the full conference schedule to plan your day.
• Within the platform be sure to explore all areas of the conference, including the Auditorium, Expo Hall, EngAge Lounge, Innovation, Game Room, and Help Desk. Be sure to note times that these areas are open with staff and industry partners available to chat.
Need technical help with the Virtual Platform or have a general conference question during the event? Stop by the Help Desk where LeadingAge California staff can help you.