CBP Global Entry Interviews During ASTA Global Convention
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers will conduct in-person enrollment interviews for CBP’s Global Entry program at the Puerto Rico Convention Center on Tuesday, May 2 through Thursday, May 4 in conjunction with the ASTA Global Convention in Puerto Rico.
Global Entry allows expedited clearance for preapproved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Participants may enter the U.S. using automated kiosks located at 62 U.S. airports, and 15 preclearance sites. Global Entry approval also allows U.S. travelers to be eligible to participate in the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Pre√®
program, which expedites screening through TSA checkpoints at participating airports.
How to Apply
To participate in the interview process, you must follow these steps:
- Visit the Trusted Traveler Programs website https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ and review the available programs.
- Step 1: Create a Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) account.
- Here, you must first create an account and then log in to apply. When applying, be sure to only select the Global Entry option. A $100 USD nonrefundable application fee must be paid online at the time you apply.
- Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive a message in your account notifying you of the results.
Once you are “conditionally approved” for Global Entry and are invited to schedule an interview:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is experiencing a significant backlog of applications. To complete your interview, it is recommended you submit your application as soon as possible.
- Log into your TTP account and select “Schedule Interview”
- From the Schedule Appointment page, scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Do you have an access code?”.
- Enter the "Access Code" YX963U158 to schedule an interview appointment for the private event.
- Enrollment location ASTA 2023 will display, and you can select the date and time for your interview.
Interviews will be conducted at the Puerto Rico Convention Center:
Room 210: Tuesday, May 2: 10:30AM—4:30PM
Tradeshow Booths 335 and 337: Wednesday, May 3: 10:30AM—4:30PM
Tradeshow Booths 335 and 337: Thursday, May 4: 12:30PM—4:30PM
About Global Entry
Global Entry is available for citizens, and lawful permanent residents of the U.S., as well as citizens of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Germany, South Korea, the Netherlands, Mexico, Panama, Singapore, Switzerland, India, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom. Canadian citizens and residents can receive Global Entry benefits through membership in the NEXUS program. To find out if additional requirements must be met, please visit the Global Entry website
, select the “International Arrangement” link on the left and then the country of citizenship.
Questions? See CBP’s Frequently Asked Questions
on the Global Entry website or Frequently Asked Questions
about the Trusted Traveler Program (TTP). If you are unable to find the information you need, the CBP INFO Center is open Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. EDT. Inquire via email
or by calling 1.877.CBP.5511
. If you are outside the U.S., call 202.325.8000