Thank you for agreeing to speak with AHP. Your willingness to share best practices is important to the AHP community and furthering health care development. Here you will find general information about speaking at 2015 AHP International Conference.
To ensure a successful experience as a speaker please review the information below about the terms of your speaking engagement.
• AHP does not pay for travel expenses or speaker fees.
• AHP asks that you register for the conference if you are planning on attending the conference beyond your own session (registration is not complimentary).
• AHP requires that if you are an industry partner that you co-present with a development professional and exhibit at, or sponsor the conference.
• AHP requires that your presentation and materials be your own original work or have obtained any necessary copyright permissions.
• We ask that you notify AHP immediately by calling 703-532-6243 or emailing email@example.com in the event that an emergency should prevent me from meeting my obligation as a speaker.
• AHP does not allow sales pitches or self-promotion in their presentations. Content should be based upon a relevant topic, concept or idea, not a product or service.
Biographical Information & Photo
AHP requires you to submit your biographical information and photo to post on our website and for introductory purposes on site. Please email your bio and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22nd.
Please review the speaker agreement for your conference and return a signed copy to AHP to confirm your session by emailing it to email@example.com or by fax at (703) 532-7170. Download the agreement here.
Handouts: Providing resources in your session
AHP highly encourages speakers to provide a handout during his/her session. The sessions are often evaluated not only by the expertise of the speaker but also on the availability of handouts or shared resources. What constitutes a handout?
• A copy of your PowerPoint/keynote/Prezi presentation
• A resource from your organization that can be used as a tool for an attendee that demonstrates what you are teaching about
• A summary of your presentation
• Please use the provided PowerPoint template for your slides to keep with the AHP branding for this event. Download the template here.
Please mail your handout in PDF format (2-3 slides per page) to firstname.lastname@example.org, by September 11, 2015. (Note: If you send it in PowerPoint format AHP can convert file to an easily printed and secure PDF. We will not edit the content of your handout). If you are not able to provide your handout by this deadline it is your responsibility to bring 75 copies of your handout to your session for attendees.