The 2018 ACPA Midwest Conference Planning Team is working hard to finalize the conference schedule. Please check back soon for updates!
We are currently accepting program proposals for the ACPA Midwest Conference!
Call for Programs!
ACPA Midwest encourages the submission of innovative and interactive program proposals for the 2018 ACPA Midwest Regional Conference in Kansas City, Missouri! We invite you to share transformative initiatives, research, and practices with colleagues in the Midwest as we explore Meeting in the Middle: Intersectionality, Student Affairs, and Midwestern Culture.
Outline of the schedule:
7:00PM Conference Kick-Off and Silent Auction with Heavy Hors D’Ouevres
7:45AM Graduate Student Case Study Competition
9:00AM Educational Session Block 1
10:00AM Educational Session Block 2
12:30PM Keynote Presenter
Program topic ideas include, but are not limited to:
- Social Movements and Activism on Campus
- Intersectionality – The changing trends in diversity and equity in Higher Education
- Midwestern Culture and Values and their impact on Higher Education
- Increasing Access and Opportunity for Students and Colleagues
- Departmental and Cross Campus Collaborations
- Reimagining Theory and Practice
- Self-Care in Student Affairs
- Navigating Organizational Change
- Digital Communication with Student and Colleagues
- Public Policy and Higher Education
Submissions will be accepted until Friday, July 13, 2018, at 5:00 pm CST. Acceptance notifications will be emailed by Friday, August 10, 2018.
Submissions will be evaluated on the following: clarity of purpose and learning outcomes; timeliness of the topic; topic’s contribution to creating inclusive campus environments; topic’s adaptability to a variety of institution types of sizes.
To submit a program for consideration, please use this link: Midwest ACPA Ed Session Proposal.
We look forward to reviewing your submission!