North American Pultrusion Conference
Join us for the North American Pultrusion Conference in Rosemont, IL (outside Chicago) from April 8-10, 2019.
Check Out Keynote Speakers:
Paul Gogan - WEC Energy Group
Manager of Electric Distribution and Reliability Planning
Paul Gogan has over thirty years of experience in the design, maintenance, operation, and construction of electric distribution, transmission, and generation facilities. In his current role, Paul oversees the engineers and technicians responsible for design, testing, and asset management. Under his direction, WEC has been awarded the PA Consulting Award for Excellence in Reliability for the last seven years. Mr. Gogan is the Chairman of the Edison Electric Institute Working Group on New Technology, where he is a frequent author of electric distribution standards and papers.
Session Highlight: Paul’s keynote session will discuss how his group is able to consistently be named the most reliable electric service provider in the Midwest through their use of composite utility poles and crossarms. Paul will describe how these utility poles are deployed and installed in various remote locations and why they’ve opted to transition to these poles for their customers.
Steve Gonzalez – KONE
Director of Major Projects
Steve Gonzalez is a mechanical engineer and patent holder with more than 20 years’ experience in the design, construction, analysis, and optimization of commercial and industrial building systems, with special focus on buildings’ utilities and infrastructure. In his current role, Steve leads the strategy, sales, and execution of the Americas Major Projects business. He also conceived and led the creation of KONE’s award-winning Project Management Development Program and the project management structure for KONE’s largest and most complex projects, globally. He has been previously featured in various publications including The Wall Street Journal, ConstructionDIVE, and CompositesWorld.
Session Highlight: Steve’s keynote session will explore how KONE developed UltraRope™ - a super-light rope technology, with carbon fiber core and special high-friction coating. UltraRope™ technology eliminates the disadvantages of existing steel ropes – high energy consumption, rope stretch, large moving masses, and downtime caused by building sway.
Pultrusion is one of the largest established manufacturing technologies and remains a relevant and substantial process for composites products in existing markets like construction, infrastructure, industrial and energy; and in new markets, like aerospace and automotive. This conference will provide:
- Presentations from industry leaders from around the globe
- Forecasts and models on industry trends
- Innovative, new applications and technology
- New information about standards and quality
If you have some extra time before or after the conference, Chicago offers plenty of things to do including tours, spectator sports, shopping and other attractions.
- The Skydeck Chicago - a one-stop Chicago experience with spectacular views. Step outside the tallest building, the Ledge, a glass balcony extending four feet outside the 103rd floor of Willis Tower!
- Original Architecture Boat Tour - navigate through the heart of the city on the Chicago River, learn about the story of more than 130 years of innovation in design, style and technique.
- Chicago Cubs Games - for baseball fans, the Chicago Cubs and Pittsburgh Pirates are playing during the conference. The home opener is on Monday April 8th, with more home games scheduled for April 10 – 14.
- Other options—check out the free Chicago Visitor Guide.
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
American Colors, Inc
AXEL Plastics Research Laboratories, Inc
Lindau Chemicals, Inc
PART Consulting LLC
Romeo Engineering, Inc
Superior Huntingdon Composites, LLC
Technick Products, Inc
6350 N River Rd
Rosemont, IL 60018, USA