The AACC Faculty Innovation Award recognizes faculty of AACC member colleges who have demonstrated leadership in the development and implementation of a campus program that has had positive impact on the learning experience for students. The outcome of this program should result in the improvement of student completion numbers within a course or a degree field. Nominees should demonstrate an ongoing commitment to student access and success.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Leads substantive and ongoing innovation in the classroom that promotes and supports student access and success.
- Has implemented classroom strategies, including belonging, that have led students to persist and complete.
- The initiative for which the faculty member is being nominated should be scalable and has resulted in improved completion numbers for the college.
- The innovation:
- Focuses on access and student success.
- Shows a move from low rates of student success to high rates of student success.
- Supports eradicating achievement gaps.
- Is based on data.
- Incorporates the use data analytics, educational diagnostics, and learning management systems to ensure that students are achieving mastery within the course or program.
- Individuals who have previously won the award are eligible to apply five years after winning.
- Award finalists in a previous year can apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further improvement in student outcomes.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
Submit your faculty member's application by using the nomination form provided above.
- Nominee must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fee for next year.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Digital.
- Nominating packages (including required photos) must be submitted through the nomination form AND include the following:
- Nomination form.
- Minimum two letters of support on official letterhead, one signed by the nominating college CEO.
- Additional support materials (i.e., news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages. All personal identifiers must be redacted for the institution, CEO, etc.
- Three (3) publication-quality photos (No PDFs): (1) publication-quality headshot of the faculty member [300 dpi resolution or higher], (2) publication-quality photos of the faculty member in class and/or interacting with students.
Back to Top