The AACC Student Success Award recognizes a community college that has demonstrated, through evidence, a sustained commitment to and proactively advances the cause of student success at a community college.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Has developed a comprehensive, bold and strategic completion plan.
- Has achieved measurable and significant increases in:
- On-time degree completion.
- Certificate completion.
- Transfer from 2-year to 4-year institution(s).
- Has developed innovative programs that support student success in areas such as developmental education, student support services, K-12 partnerships/collaboration.
- Has substantially contributed to the integration of completion goals and principles across the institution.
- Suggests scalable promising practices to advance student success.
Colleges that have previously won the award are eligible to apply 5 years after winning.
- Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further improvement in student success outcomes.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
Submit your college's application through the nomination form provided above.
- Nominee must be a current AACC member college, and must pay membership fees for next year.
- Nomination form must be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Digital.
- Nominating packages (including required photos) must be submitted through the nomination form AND include the following:
- Nomination form. (You must create a new record for every award for which your institution applies.)
- Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO.
- Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) NOT TO exceed five (5) pages.
- 5 publication quality photos: (1) publication quality head shot of the CEO [300 dpi resolution or higher], (1) publication quality photo the college (signature building), and (2) photos of students in class.