The American Association of Community Colleges’ Faculty Distinction recognition, named in honor of former AACC President and CEO Dale P. Parnell, has been established to recognize individuals making a difference in the classroom.
Nominees for the faculty distinction recognition should:
AACC will accept one faculty nomination from each member college. Faculty Distinction recipients will receive the following:
- Demonstrate passion for the students and the classroom.
- Show willingness to support students, inside and outside of the classroom.
- Be inclined to participate in college committees.
- Go above and beyond what is required to ensure that students are successful in their academic endeavors.
Nominees must be faculty members at AACC member colleges. The nomination information includes:
- A custom commemorative medal.
- Recognition on the AACC Faculty Wall of Distinction and the AACC website.
- Distinguished faculty icon in the convention program booklet next to the faculty member's session (if a proposal is submitted and accepted for the program.
The nomination deadline is December 31, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. (ET).
- Personal statement addressing how the nominee meets the criteria for the Dale P. Parnell Faculty Distinction recognition.
- Letter from the college CEO (on college letterhead) outlining why the nominee was selected for the recognition.
- A high-resolution (300 dpi) headshot of the nominee.
Nominate a faculty member.
Back to Top