Distinguished FacultyThe American Association of Community Colleges’ Faculty Distinction recognition, named in honor of former AACC President and CEO Dale P. Parnell, has been established to recognize individuals making a difference in the classroom.
Nominees for the faculty distinction recognition should:
- Demonstrate passion for the students and the classroom.
- Show willingness to support students, inside and outside of the classroom.
- Be inclined to participate in college committees.
- Go above and beyond what is required to ensure that students are successful in their academic endeavors.
AACC will accept one faculty nomination from each member college. Faculty Distinction recipients will receive the following:
- 15% discount off of the current faculty registration rate for the AACC Annual Convention
- A custom commemorative medal.
- Recognition on the AACC Faculty Wall of Distinction and the AACC website.
- Distinguished faculty icon in the convention program booklet next to the faculty member's session (if a proposal is submitted and accepted for the program)
- Special reserved seating at the Edmund J. Gleazer Opening Lecture.
- A private reception, with a special guest speaker, for the recipient and his/her CEO on Sunday, April 29.
Nominees must be faculty members at AACC member colleges. The nomination information includes:
- Personal statement addressing how the nominee meets the criteria for the Dale P. Parnell Faculty Distinction recognition.
- Letter from the college CEO (on college letterhead) outlining why the nominee was selected for the recognition.
- A high-resolution (300 dpi) headshot of the nominee.
AACC will accept nominations beginning on October 30. The nomination deadline is February 15, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. (ET).